Subject: BPERL1X.ZIP/BPERL1S.ZIP - 32-bit Perl 4.0pl36 w/VM & Win 3.1 supt.
From: [email-masked] (Darryl Okahata)
Date: 20 Mar 93 10:04:51 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.archives.msdos.announce

BPERL1X.ZIP     32-bit Perl 4.0pl36 w/VM & Win 3.1 supt. (exe)

BPERL1X contains the executables and support files for "BIGPERL4", a
version of Perl 4.0pl36 that supports large amounts of memory (up to
32MB), and works under Windows 3.1.

BIGPERL4 is Perl 4.0pl36 that has been compiled using the Watcom C/386
compiler (a 32-bit, flat-memory model C compiler), which gives this
version the following features:

      * Up to 32MB of memory can be used.
      * Supports virtual memory.
      * Works under Windows 3.1 (however, a second copy of perl cannot
        be spawned under Windows).
      * The perl debugger can be used.
      * Contains GDBM support.

A 386/486 with at least 4MB RAM is required, and a third-party memory
manager such as QEMM is strongly recommended.

BIGPERL4 also passes those perl tests that do not depend on Unix-isms.
Full sources are included (including GDBM 1.5).  Freeware and copylefted
(in the case of GDBM 1.5).

- -

pd1:<msdos.perl>
BPERL1S.ZIP     32-bit Perl 4.0pl36 w/VM & Win 3.1 supt. (src)

BPERL1S contains the sources for "BIGPERL4", a version of Perl 4.0pl36
that supports large amounts of memory (up to 32MB), and works under
Windows 3.1.

BIGPERL4 is Perl 4.0pl36 that has been compiled using the Watcom C/386
compiler (a 32-bit, flat-memory model C compiler), which gives this
version the following features:

      * Up to 32MB of memory can be used.
      * Supports virtual memory.
      * Works under Windows 3.1 (however, a second copy of perl cannot
        be spawned under Windows).
      * The perl debugger can be used.
      * Contains GDBM support.

A 386/486 with at least 4MB RAM is required, and a third-party memory
manager such as QEMM is strongly recommended.

BIGPERL4 also passes those perl tests that do not depend on Unix-isms.
Full sources are included (including GDBM 1.5).  Freeware and copylefted
(in the case of GDBM 1.5).

- -
Darryl Okahata
Internet: [email-masked]